Monday, November 16, 2009

It's another GIRL!!!



We just got home from seeing the genetic counselor (see previous post). She informed us that if you put 300 babies in a room with Down's half of them would have shown something else (such as clef pallet, fluid in the kidney, heart defect, web feet) on ultra sound. The other half would not. Our baby shows none of those things, but she can not tell us she does not have Down's. She has a half of a percent. She said we would have to decide if the amnio is right for us. I decided to take some time to see how at peace I am with the info we have today. I still feel like I want definite answer so I can prepare and educate myself more if need be. It is just something Greg and I have to decide on our own. Welcome to our family Lily Grace!!

4 comments:

darla said...

Dear Amber,

"By waiting and by calm you shall be saved; in quiet and in trust your strength lies." Is 30: 15b

I am so proud of you and Greg for being such outstanding, trusting parents!

And congrats on the new baby girl!!!

Unknown said...

God has blessed you both with a beautiful surprise of life, a sweet baby Lily Grace. What more could one ask for? Well....we can now ask for Gods presence of strenghth and courage and to bless you once more with a beautiful healthy baby girl. Many prayers are coming your way from all your " mj addict " friends :) May God give you both strength during this difficult time. We love you !!! Hugs and a big smooch from your number one fan... You are such a strong woman! Xoxo
Jennifer- Whatever*Lola*wants*Lola*gets :)

Colleen said...

Awww, sweet Lily Grace. Girls are awesome (as you know!). I have a neice named Lilly and one named Grace, so I LOVE the name :)

Redemption Road said...

It's a Girl!!! So sweet.

Amber, we love you and your beautiful family; and we pray for you all the time. I would love to sit and pray over you and baby Lily Grace whenever you have a chance, so let me know when is good for you.