Sunday, August 21, 2011

Big Day!












Last night I had trouble sleeping. I have so much anxiety as we prepare to send our baby boy off to Kindergarten. I can’t believe how fast the last five years have gone. I started thinking I should have done this more and I should not have done that. Truth be told, I don’t want to do this! I think it is ridiculously long day, 7 hours for a 5 year old! Up until two days ago he still took a nap every day.

BUT Jackson is so excited to go back to school. He is my child who thrives on structure. Everything has a time and a place! After being home for one week with no set schedule I was not sure we would make it through the summer. He is so confident and so ready it is hard to be sad, but I just am. Will his teacher love him as much as his last, probably not possible. Will he make friends, will he be scared, will he do well, and the list can go on.

I just want to keep him close forever and this is a huge step for all of us. Truth be told I am intimidated as well going in not knowing anyone. I decided to be room Mom so I can get to know other parents and the faculty. I plan to be at the school every Friday while Ava is at preschool and Lily Grace is with a sitter. I just want to be involved as much as I can and never lose the connection we have. Why does this feel like I have to let go so much just to send him to Kindergarten?

I truly felt God’s presence as the priest prayed over all the children this morning. I know just like with everything else, he is with us. Jackson is a great kid and has a great foundation. I have no doubt he will be a leader and succeed. More than anything I know the years are about to fly by even faster and I am just not ready for that!

Jackson Thomas you are amazing! You are a gift and I am so lucky to have been called to be your Mommy. I never knew it was possible to love someone so much! I can’t wait to hear about your first day! Go getem baby, Godspeed!

XO
Mommy

I will report back on his first day

0 comments: