Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Grandma





I remember as a small child spending summers with my Grandma. We would rent movies, go to the mall, and just hang out. When I think of my child hood memories that is what I think of. I think of her, Granny, and their love and dedication to me. When I would go home or they would leave after a trip I would cry because I would miss them so much. She would always take me shopping as far back as I can remember. She loved buying for me and it made her feel good. My Grandma was like a mother to me. She was the one person in my life I could always count on…always. She was always there to listen any time day or night that I would call. She may not always tell me what I wanted to hear as she was a straight shooter, but she always had a way of making me feel better. My Grandma was the best person in my life. She never got mad at me, she never stopped talking to me, and she was always there for me. I am so grateful God gave her to me for so many years. I am glad she got to see my become Catholic, get married, and have children. I am glad I got to make her proud. I will watch my Grandmother be buried today knowing she knew how much she meant to me and how much I loved her as I knew the same from her. I will miss her so much.

God saw she was getting tired and a cure was not to be.
So He put His arms around her and whispered, "Come with Me".

With tear-filled eyes we watched her suffer and fade away.
Although we loved her deeply, we could not make her stay.

A heart stopped beating, hard-working hands put to rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us He only takes the best

I love you Grandma. Thank you for being my rock. Thank you for everything. I pray you help me get passed losing you and I pray you watch over my family.

Until we meet again, peace be with you.

Amber

6 comments:

Redemption Road said...

Praying for you and your family.

Serratt Baby Blog said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know how much she meant to you. I pray that God will be with you and your family during this time and help you all heal. I know that you all are happy that she is with her maker now. What a wonderful place for her to be. No more suffering.

Kerra

Lerin said...

Oh Amber... so sorry to hear you lost your grandma. The beauty of it is, she can continue to love you from Heaven, and pray for you and your sweet children to God face to face.

Cathy Noble said...

Beautifully written Amber. Theres such a kindness in her face...I see that in you as well. What a gift she has given you in creating such warm memories and what agift you have given her in being able to share your amazing family with her. Shes with you always.

The Gallands said...

What a sweet tribute to her. I'm so sorry for what you're going through! How wonderful that you have so many great memories to keep with you always.

Johnny Law said...

Amber, this is so beautifully written. I'm sitting here with a frog in my throat, appreciating the love your Grandmother gave you and how strongly it is reflected in your words for her. I hope you are finding peace with her passing and comfort from all the memories you hold of her. XXOO, Julie