Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer Fun

Who knew summer would be so busy!! Jackson did his second week of VBS this week. He has done 4 weeks of swim lessons every day and will now go to twice a week. He starts a two week camp at his school next week as well. Ava and I go to the gym every day and Thursday we go to The Little Gym (another plug for gift cards there for her bday :)). I am going on a girls trip to The Woodland's Resort this week end with 10 awesome girls!! WHOO HOO!! Daddy will be left behind with both kids alone. Pray for him, ok just kidding!! He will do great!

On another note I have something else to talk about. Jackson has had so much fun at VBS the past two weeks. I mean really fun! He has been singing about Jesus and so excited to learn about him too. He told me today, "Mommy I love this church can we come here". We currently go to Saint Batholomew and are Catholic (for our friends who don't know). Jackson never wants to go and it is so boring for him (even for me a lot of times). Switching faiths is not an option. I love our church and our priest. I have a strong emotional attachment to our church since this is where I went through RCIA, Greg and I got married there, and Jackson was baptized there as well. Not to mention I love the priest. The only thing is they have NOTHING for the small children of the parish. The do have children's liturgy once they are 4, but I have gone with Jackson and it is so boring! I mean kids like to sing, dance, color, and have fun learning. Why can't they do that while they learn about faith and Jesus?? I am praying for the right decision as we have tried to switch to Epiphany before. It is more contemporary and I LOVE that. They have so much for the kids!! It is just large and hard to feel at home. We are really going to have to work to make it a home church should we decide to do this. Maybe that is what God is calling us to do, work harder and put more into our faith. I know I have been slacking. My other dilemma is my husband. He likes the more traditional church. I feel like we need to do what is best for our family as a whole. I want my kids to love church and have fun learning the faith, but I want my husband to be happy too. Anyway just needed to vent, hear some other perspectives, and ask that you think of us as we try and make the decision.

2 comments:

Redemption Road said...

I would love to tell you about Wayne & My's church changing story. It is really long (for typing not telling), so typing it out is not an option. But it is very similar to what you are going through.

The Gallands said...

Just pray about it together, and listen to the direction. It will come! I'm sure you'll do the right thing for your family (you always do:)