Monday, October 5, 2009

11 weeks


What a difference a Dr can make! I feel like I am on a high! Not only did I have my first day of NOT throwing up yesterday, but I got a new Dr! He is AMAZING!! He was compassionate, listened not just heard me, responded, and was actually concerned about me! I have lost 14 pounds in less than 2 weeks!! The only reason he is not starting treatment right now is because I had a good day yesterday. If I lose any more weight this week and continue to throw up he will start me on steroids. That will help kick the nausea and make me hungry! I go back and see him next Thursday. I feel like my body may be turning a corner on its own though. He said my body just is not responding to the increase of hormone levels. Normally is levels off by 13 weeks and I am almost 12. He did say some women have it through out the entire pregnancy, have to be hospitalized, feeding tubes, zofran pumps, etc. He is going to check where I am next week and see where we go. I really feel like I am on the mend. I have half of my stress lifted by just finding a new Dr. His office staff was over the top professional and friendly (what a change from the last Dr I had). The office itself was top notch and all the equipment was new and updated (another change from my last Dr). He seems to be much more established than my last physician. I was very worried about going to a man, but he was very caring. He has four daughters and you can tell, very gentle man! He is very conservative as he was in the navy! He went to Yale and has been around a while. I just feel so blessed to be in good care!! Did I mention his nurses where SO nice?! Our baby looked like it had a huge head and a tiny little body. The picture again looks like a blog because this baby was on the move. It looked like it was doing aerobics!!

1 comments:

Colleen said...

SO glad things are looking up!! I felt the same way about my last midwife - I would never leave her!! It makes such a difference for the whole pregnancy and labor. You are in good hands now :)