Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hospital Stay

I went in to see my Dr today since I am sick yet again. I am down another 3 pounds which makes a total of 19 pounds in six weeks I have lost. So he admitted me into the hospital. For those who don’t know I have Chron’s disease. I have not had any problems since I was 17 or so. It never really crossed my mind that it may be my Chron’s acting up. I saw a GI Dr today while in the hospital and he said my stomach is very tender. It could be the Chron’s, but we have no way to know since they can not do any further testing right now. He wants me on steroids through the IV so I have to stay in the hospital. He said a few days, but my OB said if I have a good night and day tomorrow he will try and get him to switch me to oral steroids so I can go home. The steroids are really a win win with me. Even if it is not the Chron’s it the steroids will help the nausea and help me gain some weight. That is all I know for now.

0 comments: