Friday, September 26, 2008

The MAGIC red scooter



I all of a sudden one night right before bed time I decided that it was time for the binki to go. Jackson’s teeth are starting to stick out more and more. I knew since he did not even ask for it at school he could do it at home! So with out thinking it through and not allowing time to rationalize why he still needed it I told him it was time. I knew he wanted a scooter since most of his friends have one. I was waiting until Christmas, but heard that this works so this is what we did. I told him he was a big boy and it was time for his binki’s to go bye bye. If he went two nights (anything more than one is two too Jackson) he would get his scooter. He said he wanted a red one so we pumped it up. We told him red scooters were for big boys, etc. That night it took about an hour for him to go to sleep. He wanted to ask for a binki so bad, but was determined to get the scooter so he never asked. He woke up once in the night (still never asked for it) and that was it. It had been one solid week and NO BINKI”S!! Before bed I told him the binki fairy was coming to drop off his scooter. He was so excited when he woke up to his red Car’s scooter today! He was outside at 6:45 riding down the side walk. It took all of 10 minutes for him to figure it out. He told everyone that passed by he got a new red scooter. He keeps saying, “I can do it” and “I’m doin it”. He is so happy he is a big boy with his big boy scooter. Here are some action photos.

1 comments:

Lerin said...

YAY for Jackson! :)