Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008










Our Christmas celebration was off with a rough start, we all caught a stomach bug! Jackson just threw up once and was fine, then Greg and I got sick the night before Christmas Eve. It affected us much differently. We had the chills, aches, throwing up, you name it. We were so sick Christmas Eve all of our plans got cancelled. We decided to post pone Santa and hit were off to bed at 8:00. We woke up in the middle of the night exactly 24 hours from when we first got sick and were 100% better. It was crazy, but we decided at 5:00 am to get up and do Santa. I made a breakfast casserole and we went to 10:45 mass. Ava was acting funny so I took her to the back to try and feed her and she threw up everywhere. She never acted like she felt bad and we went on to Greg’s parents for the day. Friday we had Christmas at my Mom’s with my family. Saturday night we met my family at Rajin Cajun in Sugar Land for dinner. My brother and sister were both in town with all of their family. It was a fun time and especially fun for Jackson to be with all his cousins! We are lucky to only be 4 hours apart so we see them often.

Christmas this year was very different for me. I am so much more aware of the true meaning of Christmas as we are trying to teach that to Jackson. He woke up and knew it was baby Jesus’ birthday and wanted to sing to him. He knows we give gifts to show our love for each other and really appreciates them at such a young age. I can only hope that over the years that will continue. He got three presents from Santa, three from us, and three new books. It was a way for us to not go over board and we picked three since that is how many Jesus got. I have to say it was so hard for me to stick to the number, but I am so glad we did (I also stuffed as much as I could in his stocking lol). All in all it was a great Christmas!

1 comments:

Lerin said...

I'm sorry you all got sick, but glad you still had a wonderful Christmas anyway! :)