Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Party


So this a little late, but better than never. I knew Jackson was having a party at school, but I some how missed the sign up sheet outside the class room. I showed up in my gym clothes empty handed to drop him off that day. Everyone was bringing in stuff and I could not figure out what was going on. Well I rushed home, showered, came back for the party, and forgot my camera. The first thing Jackson said was, "were is my daddy and were is you camera". Lucky for me anotehr Mom took our picture. I felt like the worst Mom and promised myself to try and get more sleep!

2 comments:

katylinvw said...

how precious! :) i love that he noticed that your camera was missing!

btw - the first ever MHR inspiration post is up! :)

Lerin said...

You poor thing... I remember seeing you that day, and I know it was such a hard day for you! I don't think I told you, but much the same thing happened to me after I had Bella.

I had Bella on the 10th, and for two weeks, my parents took Sophie to preschool with me. My first day dropping her off again, all the kids were in costume. Sophie was all dressed up in a Halloween t-shirt and skirt, but no costume. I asked the teacher if they were supposed to be dressed up today, and she said, Oh My Gosh, didn't your parents tell you? Today is our Halloween Costume parade and party. It starts in fifteen minutes.

I couldn't help it... I started crying right there in front of everyone!!! It was her first ever preschool year, first ever "event" and she was the only kids without a costume and a mom ready with a camera. I felt awful. And I was so mad that no one had told me! I didn't have enough time to make it home then back with a costume, I lived too far away. So I stayed with tears on my face to cheer her on. She was a little sad, but she kept saying, "Good thing I have my Halloween clothes on!"

Now three years later, she doesn't remember or care BUT I still feel sad whnever I think about it. We're moms, and we're crazy. Especially when it comes to the first baby's first STUFF, you know?

Hang in there Momma!!!