Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2009

2009

A new year means new goals! So here it is in writing..

Put more time into my faith. I want to not just show up every Sunday at church I want to strengthen my relationship with Christ. I so often forget that it takes daily work just like any other relationship and it is easy to drift.

Dedicate Sunday to our family meaning the four of us (no computer and no TV). I want Sundays for us to spend quality time together. I also want to spend 30 minutes Sunday nights to devote to Jackson learning about our faith. We have several books and I want him to start learning them.

Be a better wife and have more patience with my husband. Let go of resentment and have one date night at least twice a month (which means let go of my fears, bite the bullet, and hire a baby sitter). Oh and stop waiting for him to plan a date night (we may be 65 before that happens)!

I have already started, but I am going to write it here anyway. I am devoting 30 minutes of book to Jackson and Ava before afternoon naps. I used to be so good about this and then started getting more rushed. It got down to one quick book and I want this time back with the two of them. The cleaning, laundry, cooking, what ever can wait!

Get Ava on a schedule!! I was so strict on this with Jackson I have gone the TOTAL opposite extreme with Ava. I am reading the Baby Whisper since we have created a baby girl wanting someone to cuddle with while she sleeps. So far so good, I got her to sleep last night and today with out rocking, holding, or laying with her. I am not saying I will never do any of these things, but I by far do not want it to be a habit!

Take one room at a time and get rid of anything we are not using. I feel like our house is closing in on us. We can not possible store all the stuff! I am hanging on to Ava’s clothes and that is it. I am going to get rid of the baby stuff as we out grow things as well. If we do have one more it will not be for years. I will get organized again!! No more stuffing the closets and under the beds lol!

Last continue to work hard at being healthy not just for myself, but my family as well. I have been working out 5 days a week and plan to keep that up. Jackson has a physically active class at the YMCA twice a week. He will start T Ball, soccer, and do swim lessons again this year. Ava will do swim lesson as well. I plan on keeping her only on breast milk until 6 months. Then I will keep her on an organic diet until she is one. For Greg I will keep healthy meals and healthy food in the house to try encourage him to be healthy as well.


Last, but not least I plan to have an UN eventful 2009
2003 Greg and I started dating
2004 we got engaged
2005 we got married
2005 we got pregnant
2006 we had Jackson
2007 we got pregnant
2008 we had Ava
2009 we are taking a BREAK!!!

1 comments:

Lerin said...

Happy New Year... and hoping for a non-eventful one for you. :)