Monday, January 5, 2009

5 months




My sweet baby girl you are 5 months old today! Ok so I don't have a ton of time since I made a deal with Greg and I have to make lunches for tomorrow. I just wanted to give a quick update on The Hamilton Team. Ava Bear is 5 months and doing great! I caved to much pressure and tried to feed her some cereal mixed with breast milk and I can now say, yes I have tried and NO she is not ready! She hated it, spit it out, and does not have the ability not push out her tongue yet. I also caved and gave her a bottle. My Dr has been telling me since 4 weeks just to make sure she will take one in case of an emergency. I finally decided at 5 months it was time to give it a try. I can now say, NO she had NO problem sucking every last bit down. She even held her own bottle. I will not be using the bottle again until 6 months and 100% using it by 8 months. At 8 months I am throwing in the towel with breast feeding. Well at least that is how I feel today! Since when is it so "abnormal" to breast feed a baby anyway?

0 comments: