Monday, January 5, 2009

Evicted

Ava Bear has also been evicted from our bed. I have learned as a parent to NEVER to NEVER! I said I would NEVER nurse a baby in public, ha! I said I would never cosleep, ha again. I am sorry if you nurse a baby and you want sleep for your self, you learn to co sleep. I adore having my sweet baby girl cuddled up next to me all night. I could do it forever, but it stopped working for us! I was not sleeping well and neither was she. She was waking up every two hours to nurse, but not because she was hungry. It was just out of habit. It dawned on me when I realized she was just wakeing up and nurseing maybe 5 minutes every hour or two. Once I moved her to her own bed she now goes 6 whopping hours! That is great to me considering she is not getting any solids yet. I also realized that it was not fair for me to sleep with her at night and not during the day. She did not understand she only gets to sleep with me sometimes. I felt I had to teach her to self sooth unless I was willing to sleep with her 100% of the time and that is not possible. So I am a little sad, but I know it was best for all of us. She is still in my room since walking up stairs in the middle of the night is not something I am ready for.

1 comments:

Lerin said...

Awww... we evicted Ben this week too! Haha... and he is almost 2. ;)