Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Echo

Walking in to Texas Children’s today was so surreal. As I looked around at all the visibly sick kids my gut felt like it was being pulled out. A couple times I had to take deep breaths to keep from crying. My heart aches for those families.

Jackson did great for his echo. He politely looked at the tech and said, “are you going to get my shirt all dirty”. He laid perfectly still watching cartoons the whole time after she assured him she would not get his shirt dirty. She made me very nervous after she kept going back to the same spot and told me she would be right back. She came back in and said she would have to do a little more. After she was done they did x rays which they did not do last time. Once again my gut felt like it was being ripped out. I was very nervous! When I saw the Dr, he explained things in detail. I wish I could show the picture he showed me because it made so much since. The chambers to a heart have two sides, one if flat, and the other is jagged. Both sides of the chambers to Jackson heart are jagged. One side is so jagged it has a big dip. It does not go all the way through like a hole in the heart. The big dip is causing his blood to circle and cause the swooshing noise (the murmur). He said he had a second opinion on the echo just to be safe. Both tecs and the Dr felt confident saying that all functions of his heart are working perfectly normal. He just has a very unique situation. His blood does not flow the same as mine and yours, but is causing no complications. So what a relief! This may never correct itself, but we have no reason to worry! Thanks you for all your thoughts, prayers, emails, phone calls, etc. We are so blessed with a healthy little boy and wonderful friends and family to support us.

2 comments:

Lisa Herrera said...

Oh my gosh, Amber, I'll bet you guys are so relieved! Thank God! Everyone's prayers have been answered. You must feel like giant weight has been lifted off your shoulders. What a great day!

Lindsay Pettit said...

this is wonderful news!!! xo