Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Almost to week 10

I am not sure I have ever felt this helpless. Today is day 8 of throwing everything that goes into my mouth with the exception of maybe a few things. I have been eating toast, bananas, and gaterade for the last three of four. I have lost 7 pounds so far. I have extreme fatigue, head aches, and dizziness. I called my Dr on Friday and told her what was going on. She said I most likely had a virus since I have horrible diarrhea as well. Sorry for all the details, it is just where I am at. I called her again yesterday to touch base since this is still going on. They never called back so I went into the ER for some fluids. It made my body feel so much better, but the nausea did not stop. I have been on zofran and it is not helping at all. They Dr said I had what is called HYPEREMESIS GRAVIDARIUM which is fancy for excessive throwing up during pregnancy. She did not say anything about my other problem. I got some fluids and was on my way. I can not leave the house since I am unable to control the vomiting or diarrhea. I got out for 40 mins yesterday and I was so exhausted when we got back I thought I was going to pass out. I find it absolutely impossible to take care of my children, my house, or myself. I have no one to help me during the week which makes it very challenging to say the least. Jackson has spent a lot of time in front of the TV and Ava in her pack n play screaming. Jackson told me this morning he does not want another baby. He does not like that I am sick all the time. I feel so bad for him and for Ava. My Mom comes home Thursday and I am thinking about taking the kids and moving in with her until I am better. I don’t see any other choice. Please pray for our family. I know we will get through this, but my mental status is starting to suffer greatly!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

You most certainly have my prayers.

Hopefully this will end after the first trimester?? Don't worry about too much tv for the kids, it is important for you to rest.

I feel so bad for you, I hope you do move in with your mom so you can get some help. If I lived closer, I would totally help you out :)

Lerin said...

You know I had HG pretty badly too, but never diarrhea with it. Is it possible you have HG PLUS a tummy bug? That would just not be fair!!!

Cathy Noble said...

Oh sweetie!!!I was so hoping you were going to start feeling better! I will keep praying for you! Is there something I can do for you? Do you need meals for Greg and the kids??